View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #105
Jeff Lebowski
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Right, but that runs into the inherent problem that we encounter with the prospects poll every year, and that is the variability in method and criteria that every poster employs when participating in this exercise. Some posters rank on pure potential; some on NHL readiness; some attempt to balance both. Hell, sometimes some of us just get a “feeling” about a certain prospect (Pettersen for me), that throws their own ranking out of alignment.

It sure is fun seeing how everyone works through this process. I always find myself learning a tonne every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes I get a good feeling about Pettersen too. Comments after his first dev camp from the other players (I think Phillips said he was special) sealed it for me. I’m pretty sure he won a dev camp award last year.

I think he has an uncommon (even for drafted players) passion - since he was a Youtube phenom - that has and will serve him well.

He seems to me to be an on the puck type guy who gets in there despite his size. I felt similar to Gaudreau in his development (passion, on the puck).
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote