View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 02:29 PM   #19
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Familia View Post
Care to elaborate? Are you talking about the IOC planning, Italy's planning? As far as I can tell, this Milano bid looks to be planned properly. I can't wait to see the closing ceremonies held in the Verona amphitheater. I visited it once and it is remarkable!
Good luck trying to run an olympic games on a $2billioncdn budget and a $187million contingency fund.

Quote:
Finances:

The most significant difference between Milan-Cortina’s winning bid and Calgary’s abandoned plan comes down to dollars.

The plan proposed by the Italian contingent estimates just over $2 billion CAD in expenditures to host the event compared to Calgary’s planned price tag of $5.1 billion.

The biggest gap between the two balance sheets is in the contingency costs. While the crafters of Calgary’s plan had built in a hefty $1.1 billion contingency fund, Milan-Cortina’s is a mere $187 million. The IOC’s appraisal of the emergency fund did raise the spectre of a “moderate” risk “given the state of budget preparation.”