View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #15
ricardodw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N26 View Post
I put a lot of thought into my list this year. Deciding what my definition of a prospect is. For me Shore and Nakladal are prospects but that's neither here nor there. I vowed not to get swayed too much by draft position or a good development camp. I looked at what weight I give to factors like upside, NHL readiness, year-to-year progression (most important), character, team needs etc. And I think I made a good list. Better than all of yours I'm sure

However in the case of Sieloff I have violated the list's integrity. I really want him to succeed. I want a player of his best-case-scenario on the team.I fear he isn't going to get there though and this is the last time he is truly consider a possible NHLer. I think the evidence suggests the combination of injuries, lack of development time and just not quite enough skill mean he is going to fall short

Voted for him a couple of times now though. I hope he has that great year and is on the team next year or at least very much in the mix.
Sieloff was drafted the same year as Jankowski... He is 5 months older than the incredibly young for his draft year Jankowski. He missed a full year of athletic activity and a year of development due to recovery from a freak infection.

I am certainly pleased that the Flames gave Ferland more chances after his 20th birthday.

No one has even remotely classified Jankowski as a make or break year as he better be the #1c and top 2 scorer on his team and a Hobey baker finalist (one of the top 10) or he has missed his NHL opportunity.

While it is true that If Sieloff has the same kind of year as he did last year then he will no longer be a serious prospect.... But that is the same as basically every prospect in the Flames organization....

If Jankowski remains as the #3C and 5th highest scorer on his team the Flames will surely opt for a 2nd round pick in 2017. He is expected to do more.

If Kulak and Culkin are not at least regular top-4 d-men at the AHL level.

If Wotherspoon remains too scary for Hartley to play as a #6 NHL d-man

The clock is ticking for all the prospects... The guys 21 years old and younger should have a few more chances left.

I don't think that if Poirier gets dinged in training camp and has a mediocre season that the Flames will give up on him.
ricardodw is offline   Reply With Quote