View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #35
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I’m not following your logic about his Even Strength production.

13 points in 18 games before Bennett - .72 PPG

8 points in 12 games with Bennett - .67 PPG

So all of a sudden Bennett is a problem playing with Tkachuk because he’s producing at a rate of .05 PPG lower with Bennett than without. Or the equivalent of 4 whole points over a season - feels like a stretch to me.

Sounds like the answer to me to get Tkachuk more ice time is less about Bennett and more about double shifting him on the 3rd or 4th lines to get more ice time. Especially when our depth is thinner due to injury.
I'm contrasting it to his pp production.

During a period where he was clearly feeling it offensively he saw a slight decline in even strength production.

So it's not an indication that he is struggling that accounts for the decline in production but in my mind it's obvious it's a linemate issue.

The other corresponding point to that is backlund and tkachuk getting even start points.over that period when Bennett is not in the ice with them. Production rate is crude because I couldn't find information on who was in the ice for each point, but for example one of those even strength points came when Czar replaced Bennett in the third period in Columbus.

If you had stats in who has been in the ice for each even strength point for that line since November 15, I would love to see it.

It's a feeling I get watching the games.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote