View Single Post
Old 03-09-2024, 05:10 PM   #28
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Flames are unquestionably in a rebuild, though they really try not to state it as such. At least we can definitively close the book on the whole 'this organization will never rebuild'. I do wish they had started the rebuild a few seasons earlier, but they really didn't start it too late like they did back in 2013 when there were barely any assets left to trade.

I assume this team will bottom-out next season. They should probably still get a fairly high pick this season.

A lot of the scouting staff was still around from the last rebuild, as was Conroy. Hopefully they have really analyzed the good things that they had done in the past, as well as the things that they did poorly. The staff has grown since then as well. The scouting program is probably the biggest organizational strength, and now they are fully leveraging it. This is what I have been wanting for a couple of seasons now.

This will be exciting. There was nothing more boring to watch then the team last season. This season is better. Next season they will win less, but they will also be more entertaining I bet.

I am very excited for this. Let's see how they come out of this. Please no early 'compete now' trades like the Hamonic trade that we saw. Stay the course and draft that core.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: