View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 01:32 PM   #177
BigErnSalute_16
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle17 View Post
I don't know why anyone pays for The Athletic if this is the type of writer they have on staff. How do you leave Coutourier off the Selke ballot because of "defense", or if this is what your analytics tells you then something is wrong.

Hart Trophy should just change it's name to Art Ross #2. It has been given to the leading scorer forever so it isn't a surprise that Draisatl got the award. He is tough to play against in the offensive zone and probably earned it based on how the voting usually is done.
Couturier being left off the Selke was a little shocking to me but he went by definition of the award which is defensive play not two-way play like a lot of people vote for. Which is understandable, but I still think Couturier should have been in at least the 4 or 5 spot instead of completely not on it.

As for the other two there are very, very strong arguments as to why neither of them deserved to be anywhere near their respective awards and for him to leave them off makes me trust his judgment even more so. Especially seeing as how I went through the Hart ballot voting page and found everyone whose name I knew just to see if they voted Draisaitl so I know not to take their opinions very seriously in the future.
BigErnSalute_16 is offline   Reply With Quote