Thread: Star Citizen
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 09:42 PM   #794
Weirdness
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I actually got a corp invite the other day because my profile said I was based in Canada. I totally forgot about this game, I purchased my package waaaaay back in 2013. Decided I'd take the game alpha for a spin and see how much has been done in the past.... 7ish years?

The game performs like garbage on my computer, a 6-month old mid-range laptop. I'm not all that surprised, but I was hoping maybe I could get something close to 30 fps on min settings. Nope.

That's not the dealbreaker though, I kinda expected this.

See, I'm one of "those weirdos" who play FPS and space sims with inverted mouse. So using the fancy item 2.0, inner thought and any kiosk/MFD is an unholy pain because the mouse cursor is ALSO inverted! But using the fancy wrist-computer the mouse cursor moves as expected, no inversion. I'm just baffled.

This is a dealbreaker for me. I've tried switching to uninverted and I just can't, I get screwed up all the time looking the wrong way. I suppose I could go to the menu and change the invert mouse every time I needed to use a kiosk or MFD but.... I just don't want to, and I feel like I shouldn't have to either. I want to fight with other ships and blow them to bits, I don't want to fight with the game interface.

What's worse, apparently this has been an issue since alpha 3.0 came out something like around 2 years ago so.... I guess its not an easy fix? I can't imagine Chris Roberts any developer thinking that mouse down = pointer up is perfectly normal and expected behaviour so there must be some complex technical reason why this hasn't been fixed. I'm sure "inverties" like me are maybe 10% of the FPS gamer population, so I imagine the devs have more virtual spaceships to sell important bugs to fix, so I feel pretty SOL .

Maybe one day I'll fly around in my ($120USD ) space racer but it wont be today. I guess I'll give it another 7 years. See you in 2027 maybe beta will be out then, or maybe you'll be able to buy your own Death Star Battle Moon for $250K, we'll see
The Following User Says Thank You to Weirdness For This Useful Post: