View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 11:39 PM   #167
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Well you said or assumed a petrol station is "relatively simple" which clearly it isn't. But I found it odd you asked a question that you had previously answered.

Don't know why you think it's a weird tangent to compare a petrol station, power failures and charging up your car at home. You are the one that brought up power failures.

I must have missed something; I thought the topic at hand was about scaling up the infrastructure for EV charging stations relative to gas stations.

I only brought up power failures as the reason why a gas station might need auxiliary power (I remember there was a massive windstorm around Revelstoke one summer and we were to fill up because one station was still able to run it’s pumps), but otherwise the operation of a gas station just seems to be refilling an underground tank and pumping it out as needed, so a gas station wouldn’t need much outside of itself to operate - and therefore quicker to build out than a series of EV charging stations along the country’s highways in places the grid might not be as well supplied to handle a number of cars at once.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote