View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 12:34 PM   #38
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I was a monster on NHL online ranked play. I had a 80%+ win rate on the last NHL game I owned, but haven't had a playstation or Xbox in years.

I loved playing as the predators in their horrible mustard jerseys. They were a bottom tier team in stats, but their team composition was great for puck stealing and possession. I'd play them against high ranked players with a stacked team and barely let them touch the puck. Every rage quit and nasty message I received was pure joy.

In NHL '08 back when cheap goals were king, I ranked all the way up to #37 worldwide playing as Team Slovakia. My opponents would openly wonder on through their mic why the hell I picked Slovakia. I did it because Marian Gaborik was the fastest player in the game but I still couldn't stand the Wild. As soon as I got the puck as Gaborik, I could out-skate anyone to the opponents blueline and score from anywhere in the O-zone with the ol' curve-to-the-left-and-shoot-right trick. That cheap shot would go in 99% of the time and it won me many a tournament.

I was so cheap at that move that my good buddy who I was friends with for 15+ years rage quit on me the last time we ever spoke. We were supposed to go to the Stampede the next day and he never showed up at our meeting spot. Never bothered to message me or return any calls. Still to this day, I haven't talked to him since that game.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 11-28-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote