View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 01:30 PM   #33
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Everyone talking about the glory days of Battlefield needs to play Squad. Just last night I had a moment that reminded me of this thread.

British trying to attack an Insurgent airfield, my squad built a forward operating base to set up mortar positions, when armour and another infantry squad tried to push ahead. Two APC's get destroyed immediately, so the tank and remaining infantry tried to fall back. Tank takes a hit to the track, which is damaged and the tank can't move. Motors fire smoke grenades to try and cover the immobilized tank but the enemy uses that same smoke to close in and finish it off. Armour support all gone, fob is now defended only by light infantry. Our mortars get taken out by enemy mortars, then the enemy covers their approach with smoke. Before I know it we're overwhelmed and an IED gets detonated, destroying the last of our fob. and I get killed by mortars trying to fall back.

This all lasted maybe 2 minutes, and even though my team got wrecked, it was pretty intense. You just don't get that level of intensity in a game like call of duty
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post: