View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 07:55 PM   #48
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Who is doing that?

NBC employs him, if they want to suspend him for his comments what right is it of yours to tel then they can’t? If that action offends you couldn’t you simply stop tuning into NBC?

These conversations seem to circle the same drain over and over. Do I think he should be fired? No, but I also understand that joking about a threesome with your co-worker is over the line, so whatever happens, happens. I’m not going to get my feathers ruffled if a corporation makes a hiring or firing decision I don’t like. If I do, I’ll blame them directly and speak with my wallet. I’m not going to blame some “cultural boogeyman.”

And as far as the idea that Roenick was hired to be controversial. Sure he was... about hockey. Not about banging his coworkers. Even controversial guys have lines and sometimes those lines change, sometimes they don’t and it’s just the first time the person has crossed it.
I am commenting on the decision of NBC, not trying to tell them they are not allowed to make one. Just as you expressed your opinion on where you think the line is and what the appropriate response would be. Just because my view does not align with yours does not make what I am doing different.
Savvy27 is offline   Reply With Quote