View Single Post
Old 11-19-2023, 07:24 PM   #801
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
There recent MCU movies just seen too bland for me to see in the theatres. It also seems like the movies aren't comic book-ey enough for me. They seem to much like generic action movies now.

That being said, I'm paying for Disney Plus, and might not do that if they stopped making these movies. Disney walks away with more money, with me paying for the subscription vs seeing 3-4 Disney movies in theaters a year.

The public overall does have an appetite for some superhero movies. Batman and Spiderverse. That helped those movies succeed wasn't just that they were good but also that they seemed to have a more directed audience. Batman is a darker adult oriented film. Spiderverse was more child friendly. The MCU is going too generic and too wide in their intended appeal. I'm not taking about the marvels specifically. For example, Ant-Man was just too safe to be any good.
I liked the first one, the second one? Okay...thats a stretch. The third one sucked out loud I couldnt imagine seeing that in Theaters.

I think my least favourite Marvel film is still Black Panther 2. Thats right. That movie sucked more than Eternals!

I cant even remember how long it took me to slog through that cinematic tragedy.

I said it about 'Black Panther' that it felt like it was made by someone who wanted to honour African culture who had never been to Africa, never met an African and knew nothing about African culture.

Black Panther 2? That same guy met some other clown who has never been to Mexico but was enthralled by it and they decided to make a movie together about things they dont actually know anything about.

I hadnt been that enamored with the concept of improvised suicide since Aquaman.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote