View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 10:14 AM   #2314
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Is that true?

The passive/aggressive moving threats don't feel like being upfront and the timeline has been dictated by the Flames to date, no? It may take the Flames swallowing their pride. Nenshi may be a "showboat and a grandstander" (where have I heard that before) but he does have a broader constituency. The Flames, after all, looking for something that most private businesses never get.
I hate the threatening to move card, it's silly and a clear cut attempt to manipulate the situation.

If you read back I've been against both sides, and not just one for trying to manipulate and grand stand.

Bottom line there have been too many facilities built with public money not to expect the Flames to ask for the same. That's only natural. From there you negotiate to a finish and see where it goes.

If the city sees the addition of a building to East Village as a plus then they will have to do something to make that location more favourable to the Calgary ownership. No public money at all means they go looking for other sites that won't cost as much and the city loses in the end without an anchor facility to jump start a new area.

If they don't see it as necessary to have a building there then hold the line and let the owners by their own land and get to work building something on their own.

But my gut says that's not the case.