View Single Post
Old 05-13-2017, 12:45 PM   #2301
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Just to argue devil's advocate: Nenshi isn't taking the Flames seriously either, so if this is our baseline for "bush-league negotiating", then the mayor is just as guilty. Also, Nenshi is one vote on council. He's the most important member of council, of course, but he can't dictate terms by himself.

That said, I think everyone knows the Flames aren't getting the 'Edmonton deal', and nor should they. But from the team's perspective, if they get 50% of the Edmonton deal rather than perhaps 20%, it's still a big win, and why they are trying to negotiate from such a stance.
This is my view too.

I don't like the way Ken King has fronted things, but I also don't like the way Nenshie has beaked through this whole thing.

If I just stop asking for something that the other side in a business negotiation said I would never get I would have been a pretty weak negotiator. Keeping at a goal post is the best way to get the other side to move and get into a this for that situation.

These guys didn't find the capital to own sports teams but just taking the stance of a bloviating mayor at face value.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: