View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #250
Pooty
Draft Pick

Saw this thread and thought it was the perfect place to boast the greatest burger I've ever experienced. Me and two buddies decided to make and grill this monstrosity last week. I'll try to remember the ingredients.

1/2 Red Onion
1-2 Jalapeno's
2 Kg Lean Ground Beef
5 Eggs
1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
2 Tbs Cayenne pepper (more if ya like it hotter)
Salt and Pepper
Jalapeno Jack Cheese sliced
Toppings (Lettuce, tomato, onion, etc)
3 thick buns

Start by finely chopping the onion and jalapeno and mixing it into the beef along with 2 eggs, the cayenne, and the breadcrumbs (don't overmix or you'll get a tough burger). Make into 6 thin patties, about the size of your hand. Take a patty and two slices of jack and place in the centre and put another patty on top. Crimp and fold the edges so that ya get one massive burger patty (like 1 1/3 lb). Do this with the rest and heat your grill on high. Turn it to low and cook your burgers about 15-20 minutes per side (add salt and pepper at this point) and right before finishing put two slices of cheese on each patty and grill your buns then take off the heat and let rest. While it's resting, fry up those three eggs however you like your eggs and place on top of the patties. dress your buns with whatever ya like on your burger (We put guacamole, it was awesome). Goes nice with a good potato and egg salad. For a tip, the bigger the bun, the better; most buns will just cave under the pressure.

We were so excited we forgot to take a picture, sorry guys. I'll tell ya that you'll probably want to take a long nap after, this thing is beast. It filled me up for the next three days and I'm not a small guy...6'5" 250.

Enjoy responsibly.

Last edited by Pooty; 04-09-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Pooty is offline   Reply With Quote