View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #31
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I'm finding it's not lights-out for creating an entire piece of content from start to finish. That will come later and we're damn close already, but for now a good writer will still kill it. It will beat probably 75% of current content creators though.

I've been using it on supplemental pieces for blog posts and it's incredible. If I'm going on about a topic and mention something that could use a bit of a side-explanation, it's so unbelievably helpful. I've also had a few experiences where I'm coming up with 4 reasons for <whatever>. Type that into ChatGPT and most of the time 1 of the 4 reasons it spits back was something I hadn't considered and actually makes the entire thing a bit better.
Yeah, I don't write copy anymore, but back in my corporate communication days I think I'd start with this for a lot of stuff. Especially the same crap you write every year (President's Message, MD&A, etc. - those are tough because most of what you need to say is just the same #### year after year, but you have to find a new way to communicate it) or memos on generic topics. Letters to customers, basic web copy, etc. would all be so easy when you have a start. This basically erases writer's block as a thing.

It won't eliminate copy writers at this stage because - as you say - you'll still need a writer to finesse whatever this spits out, but I could see communication departments shrinking as a result. One writer could output a lot more with the help of AI.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote