View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 11:10 AM   #303
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

so, question for the Canadian Open:

1) Who will be the highest finishing Canadian?

My heart says De Laet, but my money would be on Hughes.

2) Should they give a Sponsor's Exemption to Brooke Henderson next year?
(I say, yes)

List of Canadians is from the Canadian Open Website:

Quote:
13 Canadians to compete for National Men’s Open Title…

World no. 54 Adam Hadwin of Abbotsford, B.C., will lead a 13-member Canadian contingent into Canada’s national Open championship. The 29-year old is in the midst of his finest season with a win at the Valpsar Championship and a 59 at the CareerBuilder Challenge. Hadwin will be joined by fellow recent PGA TOUR winners Mackenzie Hughes of Dundas, Ont. and Nick Taylor of Abbotsford, B.C. as well fellow Canadian fan favourites Graham DeLaet of Weyburn, Sask., David Hearn of Brantford, Ont., Brad Fritsch of Manotick, Ont. and Canadian Golf Hall of Fame member Mike Weir of Brights Grove, Ont.

Other Canadians confirmed include Jared du Toit, the 22-year old Team Canada member played in the final pairing at the 2016 RBC Canadian Open. The Calgary native returns to Glen Abbey as a professional hoping to recapture the magic that made him the story of last year’s championship. Team Canada National Amateur Squad members Hugo Bernard of Mont St-Hilaire, Que., the reigning Canadian Men’s Amateur champion along with Austin James of Bath, Ont., will also compete.

Former Team Canada member Garrett Rank of Elmira, Ont., has earned his third consecutive RBC Canadian Open exemption by winning his third straight Canadian Men’s Mid-Amateur Championship. PGA of Canada professional Bryn Parry of Vancouver earned his way into the 2017 RBC Canadian Open by claiming the No. 1 position on the PGA of Canada Player Rankings presented by RBC, while former Team Canada member Matt Hill of Brights Grove, Ont., won the 144-player Ontario Regional Qualifier to earn an exemption.