View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 02:04 PM   #27
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yes, those are great features for 2009.

On a brands flagship sedan now, though, you would expect Android Auto and Apple Car Play at a bare minimum. Active safety/autonomous driving features (automatic stop, radar cruise, lane-keep assist, automatic parking, etc.). Head-up display, panoramic cameras, blind spot warning, remote start, keyless start, LED lights, premium interior materials without hard plastics, power open/close trunk, cooled seats, touchscreens, digital configurable gauges, voice controls, USB inputs, and the list goes on. I seriously pulled those off the top of my head. Maybe an engine that wasn't a gas guzzler (hybrid or turbo 4)?

You can't give an '09 Maxima an A for tech. And and A+ for performance makes no sense, either, BTW. Not crapping on your car, but your rating system leaves no room for anything built in the last decade by any other manufacturer. Compare an '09 Maxima against a '19 Genesis made by Hyundai, for example, and the Maxima would get Ds or Fs in every category. And that's not even taking into account BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc., which are all better than a decade old Nissan, too.

I have a '18 Altima. I bought the mid level one, which has the majority of the stuff on your list, and I don't really care about the rest. I see complaints about them being underpowered, but I honestly think that's people not liking or being used to the feel of the CVT.

My comparison cars were a Hyundai Sonata and Toyota Camry. I have kids who are going to be very tall by the time I'm done with this car, so I wanted a decent sized backseat in a sedan. After that it was mainly price/options. We wanted one that had air to the back seat, which many base model sedans don't (one kid gets car sick without good air flow). On the sedans thay had that, the price we paid for the Altima was at least 3k less than anything comparable, including they Hyundai.

My last purchase was a Hyundai, and I'm not a car guy at all. But when we were buying the functionality/price tradeoff was pretty good. YMMV, obviously.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post: