View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 08:48 AM   #12
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Karate Kid 3 (16%)

Considered to not be on the level of the previous 2, but not as bad as another Karate Kid with Hillary Swank and the awesome Michael Ironside. But I kinda have a guilty pleasure for the 3rd one.

Why? Because while the first two movies were some what preachy, and Daniel was portrayed as the virtuous warrior on the path to enlightenment. In Karate Kid 3 he becomes an outright jerk and even Miyaghi has had enough of him. But what makes this movie a guilty pleasure. The over the top villains. From Terry Silver the industrial waste dumping super villian to the returning Martin Kove who just outright chewed scenary and dominated this movie as Kreese (Who probably could have been a really interesting villain with the possibility of redemption). To Sean Kanan (Who almost died making this movie) as Mike Barnes the Bad Boy of Karate.

My best friend and myself have this thing called the list. These are horrific movies that we've seen, but a movie can't go on the list if it has one what we call redemptive scene. Bad movies will often have a scene in the middle that flirts with brilliant, where the film maker pushes through the crap that he's making to have one scene that almost doesn't belong in the movie. Karate Kid 3 had several guilty pleasure redemptive scenes.

The final fight was well done, and I was surprised that the part where Barnes was screaming at him to get back on the mat was improved by Kanan and wasn't in the script

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: