View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 06:29 AM   #11
calgarygringo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anyone that tells you need to store them up off the concrete is old school thinking. Construction has changed over the years and the newer style no longer need to be up off the concrete.
All the major battery mfg have that on their websites if you know who the real mfg is of your battery. In actual fact there are really only a couple of mfg. and they just brand the batteries with the different names.
Fill them with deionized or distilled water, charge them up in the fall and don't be afraid to throw the charger on a time or 2 over the winter if you can. I have been doing this for years and batteries do very well for many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
I have a battery question. For winter storage, we don't have a heat garage and obviously our trailer will freeze. Is it best to store the batteries in our house or can they be in the garage in freezing temperatures?

I have read in a many places that the batteries should be kept in non-freezing and no extreme heat (common sense, I would think for the heat part).

Anyway, what do you guys do? Do you leave them fully charged at the end of the season for storage and charge mid winter or let them go dead for storage?

PS, great idea woob!

Last edited by calgarygringo; 05-03-2018 at 06:32 AM. Reason: add
calgarygringo is offline   Reply With Quote