View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #56
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
Over the last 4 years I've seen a shift in Canadian politics to the alt-right, politicans running on QAnon and other conspiracies. We just had the dirtiest municipal election I've ever seen where two candidates basically just attacked the front runners, made stuff up, lied and tried to bring down the decorum and debate at every turn. The sentiment of "I was elected, if the people want to elect someone who breaks the law and violates, our rules that's their prerogative!" is becoming accepted even here.

In the private world, I see many more "Screw the policies, norms, and by-laws I'm doing what I want, try and stop me!"

These things weren't issues prior to Trump.

Where the US goes, the rest follow.

Honestly, I agree with this, but the deep Left in Canada has been horrible, why can't we just say simply that the political class, those that run for power will do anything to get that power, they'll lie, they'll promise unrealistically, Both sides accuse the others of hidden agenda's to generate fear.

What makes it super gross on the Alt-Right side is that they're just awful people with an awful agenda. But I think there's an over exaggeration that there's a alt-right political movement in Canada unless you count the PPC which is fringe and has been completely rejected by the voters.

I honestly think that somehow politicians should be held to a higher standard then most Canadians. If you lie during a campaign, jail, if you break ethical rules or steal funds, jail, If you ramp up hateful groups jail.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!