View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #1623
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Some guy with my name has a Netflix account. I know this because he used my Gmail account to sign up. So I get all the account notifications (i.e. credit card expired, payment accepted, etc).

I can't think of a way to tell this guy to change his account email (do people not know their own email addresses?!?!). I can do a password reset, but then he'll lose access to his account.

I guess call Netflix so they can get a hold of him somehow?

I could just log into his account and screw with it, but with my luck Netflix will find out and cancel my account or something.

EDIT: I guess this is a common thing, I did an online chat with Netflix and they have a process for this, it'll put up a banner next time they use Netflix and I won't get any more emails. Not the most entertaining solution though. I could have had free Netflix!
Yah I had some guy sign up for an Apprenticeship with the Australia government or something using my email. I emailed them to let them know it was the wrong person.. Never heard back and continued to get the emails. Never found out if it was an accident or some sort of scam. Then I got an email in March saying the apprenticeship was cancelled.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote