View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 01:39 PM   #43
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Ludicrous is saying he would be the best backup in the league. I think you like some others still think he's the guy that came out on fire before teams adjusted to the read option play. He's not that guy anymore and hasn't been good for years. He's not better than Brian Hoyer (he's a backup essentially place holder until they can sign Cousins), Matt Moore, Jimmy Garoppolo, AJ McCarron, Tervor Siemian (he's starting but backup caliber) and IMO he's lumped in with guys like Drew Stanton, Nick Foles, Matt Schaub, etc that can all come in and perform to an equivalent level and are interchangeable.
I think Kaep has proven more outside of any of those guys you've mentioned, and the only one with more upside is probably Garoppolo. I watched some of those Niners games that he started last year and he was pretty clearly a guy stuck in a bad situation with a stubborn egomaniac for a head coach.

Quote:
Let's not forget RG3 is also currently unsigned so it's pretty clear teams don't want controversial figures as their backup QB's. The guys isn't very good and teams simply don't feel his abilities warrant the baggage that comes with him. In addition to his protests he did wear pig socks at practice and as well wear a Fidel Castro T-shirt so he's not exactly done himself any favors in addition to being a mediocre QB. You call the owners cowards for not signing them and I call them smart there's just not enough upsides to brining him in. I can understand a person like you being sympathetic to his cause but he's not a person you should be sympathetic to as he's a grown man that made his decisions and some of them not very good to which he has to live with.
I'm not buying it. We've seen teams give multiple second chances to less talented players with DUIs and domestic violence charges on their records, or players who've been suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy multiple times, things that are far worse than politically-charged fashion choices.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote