View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #42
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I'm not saying Kaep is the cream of the crop but Tom Brady couldn't have gotten more wins out of those putrid Niners teams. Kaep is a better starter than any of the garbage QBs the Jets, Bears, and Browns will trot out this year, and he'd likely be the best backup QB in the league. The comparison to Tebow is ludicrous.
Ludicrous is saying he would be the best backup in the league. I think you like some others still think he's the guy that came out on fire before teams adjusted to the read option play. He's not that guy anymore and hasn't been good for years. He's not better than Brian Hoyer (he's a backup essentially place holder until they can sign Cousins), Matt Moore, Jimmy Garoppolo, AJ McCarron, Tervor Siemian (he's starting but backup caliber) and IMO he's lumped in with guys like Drew Stanton, Nick Foles, Matt Schaub, etc that can all come in and perform to an equivalent level and are interchangeable.

The Jets want to pick first overall and have no interest in competing so why bring in Kaepernick with all the distractions they will already have in a bad team? The Browns are in a similar situation where they are rebuilding and also have eyes on the 2018 draft. Mike Glennon received a lot of money from the Bears and I believe most teams would consider him a better prospect than Kaepernick.

Let's not forget RG3 is also currently unsigned so it's pretty clear teams don't want controversial figures as their backup QB's. The guys isn't very good and teams simply don't feel his abilities warrant the baggage that comes with him. In addition to his protests he did wear pig socks at practice and as well wear a Fidel Castro T-shirt so he's not exactly done himself any favors in addition to being a mediocre QB. You call the owners cowards for not signing them and I call them smart there's just not enough upsides to brining him in. I can understand a person like you being sympathetic to his cause but he's not a person you should be sympathetic to as he's a grown man that made his decisions and some of them not very good to which he has to live with.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-10-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote