View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 12:58 PM   #1348
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Sigh, no one is begrudging them making money. They've taken their highest profile fighter and put him in a sideshow against an old man in another sport and now look to take their second highest profile fighter and having him fight a known juicer in another weight class who's lately spent his time rasslin. These are exhibition fights and they're the "highlight" of the organisation. That's the joke.
They are making more money off these fights because they are high profile, and people bitch and complain non stop because of it, like the two posts previous to mine.

I don't want to watch Conor fighter Mayweather. I would much rather see Conor defend his LW title and fight MMA fights, but what can you do? It's about making money and McGregor would have to fight about 6 UFC fights or more to make what he's likely going to make in this one sideshow fight with Mayweather. MacGregor is reportedly going to pull down roughly $70+ million for this fight, and the UFC is supposed to get 10% of the total revenue.

Same with Jones. The guy made $500k for his fight last night, plus $50k bonus for performance of the night. That was a fight against a guy who is likely his biggest challenge in the LHW division. That's peanuts when you look at the big picture. Why does he call out Lesnar? Because Lesnar is one of the biggest draws in UFC history. He's one of a select few who's ever pulled down 7 figures from a UFC fight purse. He's going for a pay day, simple as that.

Last edited by Roof-Daddy; 07-30-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote