View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:48 PM   #75
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It was great, first of all because the Horsemen had the annual Beers with Huff night which happens once a night where Huff buys our board members dinner and drinks before the game and does a Q+A session. (some of our board members are loyal Rider fans so they were allowed to come to)

So that was an amazing start to the evening. About 6 o'clock we all started meandering to the stadium, filled with Pizza and Beer.

I got there just in time to watch the warmup and see the showing match between Carter and Bell.

It was pretty clear right off of the start that the Riders

1) learned that its a long ways up from playing teams like Winnipeg, Hamilton and Montreal and playing Calgary. Their offensive line collapsed like a cheap tent.

2) If BLM had been a little sharper this wouldn't have been a 17 point lead at the half, it would have probably been a 32 point lead

3) Rider fans brag about all their fans filling McMahon, and I will grant that there were quit a few fans, but its not like it was more then about 10% of the fans in the stands. There were sprinklings of Green throughout the red. As well it was almost funny watching the Riders around me packing up their bags and leaving at the half, including one fan who stood up and loudly yelled "F this" in front of a family with young kids and stomped out of the stadium, and no he didn't say "F' he said the other thing.

4) The Stamps pretty much slept their way through the third quarter, they started running base set rush three or rush four soft zone, so the riders got garbage time early. However when the Stamps turned on the jets again they just put the game away.

5) I felt bad for Kevin Glenn, the guy got 0 help from his o-line. Dennis was awful, but I do contend that a lot of his success last year came due to coaching and the strength of the rest of the line. He has incredibly slow feet.

6) Chris Jones thinks he's Jerry Glanville, he's just not a good coach at all. He was successful when he had star heavy lineups that were ready to win and he could stand there in his all black look and his sun glasses and look productive, but he's horrible. He also believes in the whole intimidation thing. Carter going over the 50 during warmup, and then the Riders running through the cheerleaders at the start of the game, that's all Jones. But when your team is terrible, maybe drop the intimidation acts because you look stupid.

Thanks to Huff and Mike and the Stampeder's for putting on a great event for the Horsemen site.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: