View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #41
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
I don't think this guy had ever coached before in his life. At least, it sure appeared that way. We never received any communication from him after the initial introduction. The first time he didn't show up, the assistant coach had no clue he wasn't coming. Luckily, he had the soccer balls so we weren't totally screwed. The he missed a few more. Then we just got used to him not being there.

The parents of the kids on this team were also strange. It's u-12, so they should be sticking around still. There were maybe 3 parents there. The rest would just drop them off.
Oh. Okay. He was just an ass.

I shouldnt say that, I've dealt with lots of volunteer coaches from whom too much was asked. Its actually how I got into coaching and then the same thing happened to me.

I will say this:

In outdoor each kid should bring his own ball. You give the balls out on Day 1 and after that its the Kid's responsibility to bring it to every game and practice.

And that guy wasnt invested. I dont know why, but if you dont care about the players, the sport or the kids, why do it? Step aside and let someone who does care do it.

Why be a coach who doesnt care? That doesnt make any sense in my mind. We're not getting paid, so you'd better find a way to make this a meaningful experience for everyone or you should STFU and get out of the way.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: