View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 12:53 PM   #34
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
Wish we had you as a coach for soccer this year. I tried to talk to my boy about joining something other than crappy community soccer, but he said no. The guy didn't show up half the time and when he did, he didn't teach them anything new, didn't help them with positions (first time on a full soccer field for most of them) very little in-game feedback.

The results were very predictable: they were awful. Coach's kid was a good player, probably their best, but he was also a sore loser ball hogging poor sport. He faked injury twice to get out of playing games that they were getting their tails handed to them in.

Probably the last time he will play as he told me he's not signing up for soccer next year. He tells me that it isn't because of his experience this year, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't. At least he's picked something else. I just hope 12 isn't too late for your first ever season of little league.
I've seen that a lot.

Without knowing the specifics I can address this issue:

- The Coach's kid being the best player always, always sucks. There are typical reasons for this and you're not going to like them.

The kid is likely too good for that level of play but the Dad isnt good enough to coach a higher level, but the kid and the Dad have to be together otherwise the Dad isnt going to coach (which is likely needed) and the kid isnt going to play ($$).

One of the things that I got to experience is something that most Volunteer coaches dont get to, I get the impression that CaptainCrunch is the same way, but I dont know about you, but I was a 'Non-Parent Volunteer.'

No favourites.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote