View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 08:55 PM   #181
Buck Murdock
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Wow.

Ok, I'm trying not to offend you by saying this, but you are obtuse if you believe that questioning the birthplace of the first black president wasn't racially motivated. ESPECIALLY after Trump wouldn't drop it even AFTER Obama provided his birth certificate. I didn't see him question any other president's place of birth in all his time on Earth. He may not have even come up with it, he might have heard it from one of his insane alt-right media guys that he loves so much. However, he did believe it quickly and in the face of contradictory evidence. Believing the worst that you hear about a black man, and ignoring all the other stuff.

That's racism my friend. Don't be afraid to call things for what they are.
I don't think its obtuse to think the President, no matter who it is, is under tremendous scrutiny with their every action and personal history attacked. Doesn't that happen to all of them? Isn't that part of holding the highest office in the land and being leader of the free world? If that is the case, then how is it not conceivable that an issue like a birth certificate be made into a tremendous issue? Your saying it should be off limits because its an African American president? Being born in the U.S is a legal requirement and if the opposition can see an opening on that issue, they will go for it (Ted Cruz was attacked for being born in Calgary). Is it low brow politics, yes of course, but is it racism? I can't claim to know that Donald Trump was motivated my racism. You could probably make the claim that anytime Obama faced intense scrutiny it was racially motivated. Therefore, he should not be scrutinized.
Buck Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote