Thread: Golf!!!2!
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 04:39 PM   #1296
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Awesome, thanks for all this, I'll try this advice out at the range. Do you think it's worth it to take personal lessons? I've always balked due to the price, and some people have said you can get the same results from everything online these days combined with just taking in whatever experienced golfers around you are willing to dish out without annoying them.

I'd pony up if I thought I could get good value out of it but I'm not swimming in cash so I wouldn't want to dish out $200+ bucks and not come out of it a noticeably better golfer (or at least being given some tools to start becoming better).
Having a relationship with a teaching pro is always a good idea. You don't have to take a lot of lessons, just a few here and there. When things are going sideways it is always great to have a knowledgeable set of eyes there to recommend corrections. As you work with the same person they will get to know your limitations and help you fine tune your swing and make things work for your ability. If you have someone tell you they can make you swing like Tiger Woods, keep looking for a pro. A good pro will work with the athleticism and body you currently possess, not try to tear you down and rebuild you. Golf should be fun. The minute it starts being work for you is the time to take up a new pursuit. A good pro will make your practice time as much fun as going out and playing a round.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post: