Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
-dont watch
-Kids are annoying
-kids are needy
-Sometimes it's fun, many times it's not
-I don't feel "enriched" or "complete" or anything like that

Good luck!
I empathize with this a little bit. Our first was very difficult. Didn't crawl, just laid on the floor until just before the normal expectation timeline of walking was almost closed. Then boom he stood up and walked. Same with speach, was a total mute. Every single milestone was delayed and we took him for countless tests. All came back fine. To top it off he had a very cold personality.

My wife took it the hardest. She thought she was a failure as a mother. We hated being parents for a long time. We almost didn't want to have a second but my brave wife finally came around.

Our second is polar opposite. He is loving, warm, funny and is ahead on every milestone. We raised him the exact same. My wife feels validated.

Oh and my first. He is an amazing kid now. Turns out he is exceptionally gifted in math and science. He was spending that first year studying us and building his cognitive side. He's way easier now and we are all happier.

So play the long game is my advice. Not all kids are perfect and they develop different. Don't go into this thinking it will be amazing all the time or right away.

Just let it happen and love your kid no matter what. Ya that sounds cliche but keep repeating that for the next few years during the tough times.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post: