View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #38
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Fivenagame View Post
#4 Don't be afraid to talk to a sleep consultant for nap times. I cannot stress this enough. Sleep deprived infants are no fun at all.
Sleep is by far the most important thing to "try" and figure out once they get some months on them... for us, we were not doing nearly enough naps, putting to bed too late etc.. Put simply, the more they naps they have in the day, the better they sleep at night. And she would not fall asleep unless held.

And while this is fighting words for a lot of people out there and some will start frothing at the mouth at the suggestion, I can say with certainly that "sleep training" saved our sanity. Our baby consistently sleeps from 7pm-7am now, waking up for a feeding twice in that time and going back to sleep almost immediately. Of course you need to be on call for the first several months and attend to virtually every cry, but once they get close to six months and will not sleep unless held, I personally believe that teaching them to cry it out, for short bursts, works. It really only takes a week or so for them to learn and fall asleep on their own. And as mentioned, this isn't really newborn stuff- closer to six months or so.

Every baby is different though and some are natually better sleepers than others. Everyone will have different methods and opinions. Do what works and feels right for you.

Last edited by Flabbibulin; 04-09-2017 at 12:50 PM.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post: