View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 05:10 PM   #58
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not sure what I believe either. I try to keep an open mind about these things.

My wife and I live in a small, old town. Our house was built in 1853 and has had a lot of occupants and history. When we first moved in, I was cleaning out the cellar/crawl space and found some old photos (including one that was funeral photo from the parlour room). It freaked my wife right out. The photos were from the 1940s.

Anyway, I decided one day to go for a walk to the old cemetery to look at the old stones and also to look for the family names of the people on the house's chain of title just out of morbid curiosity. I did this without my wife knowing because I knew she wouldn't like it. For about 3 weeks after that, both my wife and I kept hearing strange noises like footsteps and stomping, seeing weird shadows, around the house and just getting creepy feelings. I would have thought that I was just psyching myself out, but the fact she was hearing it too and didn't know what I did was freaking me out.

One of my more spiritual friends told me that a spirit might have followed me home and that I should cover the mirrors in the house for a day because mirrors confuse spirits and they can't go back to their dimension. I realize how flakey that sounds as I write it, but I did it and the noises stopped. It also creeps me out that I occasionally find old iron nails and antique buttons in the garden. It makes me think there are people down there...lol. I found 5 dimes from the 1940s in the garden around the same time the weird stuff was happening, but haven't found any since.

The logical part of me knows that the mind can be powerful and can mess with you, but I like to think there was more to it than just that.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 01-21-2016 at 05:14 PM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote