View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 08:03 PM   #542
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
My wife's luck has finally run out today. After going through the whole pandemic without covid and made it through my bout with it earlier this year without so much as a cough, she is now extremely sick and barely able to move. It came quite suddenly. Will see how long it lasts for her.

On a side note, my complications finally nearly all subsided last few weeks, but it took about 5 months. Just over a month ago it was still so bad I ended up going to the hospital as I thought I had pneumonia, prescribed steroids and a puffer which eventually cleared it up as it wouldn't on its own. It will be interesting to see if I get it again from her.

Triple vaccinated (moderna / 2x pfizer) and me as well. Even the 'invincible' ones like my wife eventually get it.

Perhaps if you get the new multivalent moderna vaccine when it is out in a year or two, there may be a real point where you can be truly protected from omicron, but at this point you just roll the dice each time you are out.
My sister in Vancouver tested positive today too for the first time! She's full of mucus (gross) and sleeping a lot. Very unfortunate, she can hardly get out of bed. Also triple vaccinated.