View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #1296
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I'm a huge fan of Porters and Stouts during the winter.

Had a fantastic Chocolate Hazelnut Milk Stout from Russell Brewing in BC last night. Going to have to go to ABX to stock up some more!
Okay, we need to have a talk about this, because I need to keep adding to the list. The Rogue chocolate stout - or better yet, the Rogue double chocolate stout - is a pretty safe bet in this area, as is the Philips Longboat Chcoolate Porter.

For somewhat fruity options, Muskoka Winter Beard chocolate cranberry stout is a good option. I like the Whistler Dunkel (which is effectively a Terry's Chocolate Orange in beer form) but it's polarizing because it's quite sweet, and I honestly have to be in the right mood for it myself.

Possibly my favourite in this vein was the Flying Monkeys chocolate manifesto. I haven't seen it in Calgary in years, though you can order it on the website if you're willing to pay rather a lot in shipping.

I'd like to hear about others, though, so, shoot.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote