Thread: Markus Granlund
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #13
Henry Fool
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Really wonderful to see him doing well. There aren't many prospects in the Flames' system that has his offensive gifts - can probably count them on one hand. Hopefully some team out there is going to want to make a move now so the Flames can bring up a guy or two and make some room to get Granlund those minutes.

What surprises me the most thus far isn't that Granlund is doing this well offensively (thought he COULD do it, but definitely wasn't sure it was going to happen), it is the fact that he is still playing center. I thought for sure the Flames would have moved him to the wing. Really great to watch this kid develop.
I think he just plays better in center. That's one thing that has given me pause because I'm not sure he can play the position in the NHL.

But if his brother can, Markus should be able to as well. If he could improve his skating and conditioning as much as his brother did this past off season, he could be contributing in the lineup next season. I know they do some of their workouts together, so that will help a lot.

Then there's also the question of whether there's a center spot available for him at all. On wing, I can see him being similar to Stempniak. Maybe poor man's Cammalleri with the one-timer.

Picture from last summer, featuring Sideshow Bob:
Spoiler!

Last edited by Henry Fool; 11-25-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Henry Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Henry Fool For This Useful Post: