View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #37
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
Not sure if this was aimed at my post. But the nutrition program isn't just about caloric intake. It's about understanding why you are hungry. Understanding Satiety triggers and levels and realizing, maybe you aren't hungry, you are eating habitually (or one of many other reasons).

PS. just to direct right to your 7pm thing. There is no actual verifiable or repeatable data that says eating at a specific time effects anything with regards to weight loss/gain.

Eat after 7pm. Eat before. Do whatever you want. Just do it with some control over why you are doing it and your portions.

I barely, if ever, reach my calorie limit after a couple weeks of being on the program. Again, it seems ridiculous, but it worked for me. Especially the CBT and they way it made me think about why I think certain ways, especially towards my diet (the way I eat diet, not caloric deficit diet).
It was actually aimed at Troutman, someone who has a habit of coming into threads of posting fancy images with absolutely zero context.

I agree with most of everything you are saying.

The eating window thing is important I feel. For a lot of people eating after 7PM equals unhealthy foods. Finding a discipline that works for you is important.

If we follow along with IF and some of the people that are heavily researching it (Dr. Jason Fung) it becomes rather obvious that it can make a huge difference in people's lives, while also being a sustainable eating pattern.

Again, I don't necessarily eat different on IF other than being able to fight after 7 PM cravings. I've never been a breakfast person, and I find it easy to not eat in the morning till noon.

Most people who work with a 16:8 pattern tend to have more energy, not bloated, cleaner skin, etc, etc after a couple weeks. It simply works great.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote