View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 03:05 PM   #34
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wastedyouth View Post
I would say my only issue with programs like Keto is, they aren't sustainable. You aren't learning how to eat properly, you are tricking your body into losing weight. Which just isn't healthy or sustainable long term. And when you fail on these programs, you often fail hard and the effects on your psyche and body are difficult to deal with.

I lost 50 pounds, and didn't increase a single minute of exercise. I drink, I eat pretty much whatever I want, within reason. You can literally lose weight without tricking yourself or punishing yourself. You just learn how to eat. And learn to treat yourself better.
This is my philosophy as well. The easiest diets to maintain are the ones that require the least drastic changes. It's fairly easy to maintain a solid diet, while making relatively minor changes. It's amazing how small yet consistent changes can make a huge difference in someone's physique. For example doing 30 minutes of cardio a few times a week, cutting back on foods like fries, sugary sodas, desserts, creamy sauces, etc... Eating smaller portions.

It's great if people can maintain a keto diet, but the strictness of it and the fact you need to be in ketosis just leads to an attitude where people feel they need to abandon entirely after a slip up.

I do think different things work for different people though, and some people may benefit from the strictness of a diet, like Keto.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote