View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 02:20 PM   #75
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
Choosing visa restrictions as a way to take a stand is arbitrary and, I still contend, ridiculous. It will hurt Canada, strengthen support for the CCP among Chinese nationals and will not hurt China in any way.

The US and Australia are happily going headlong into labeling China an enemy. Canada should let them be at the front on this while looking to play the long game and not risking the interests of Canadians. Canadians will be better off with the government taking a measured diplomatic approach and targeting the benefits that Canada can gain from the hardline stance being taken by places like the US and Australia.

As much as it sucks that your family has difficulty with Canadian visas, the reality is that money talks and the Ukraine just doesn't have such a loud voice. The size of China's economy and the importance of China's economy to Canada necessitate China being treated differently.
Sorry Johnny, you were making some sense the last couple of days but my opinion of you has completely changed with your last two posts. You can continue to tote that the middle class Chinese are no better than the Western world and your previous posts were persuading me. But what you don't seem to understand is that the world has to stand up to what China is doing. They are really erring towards decisions that could set up a very dangerous stance. I know some posters were upset with the Nazi comparison but whats so different? Censorship, genocide, humans rights violations, and no care for what the rest of the world thinks? I have to agree that they are trending in that direction is its terrifying.

Cut their visas, have some forceful political negotiations, and if so the world should seriously be as punitive as possible in relation to trade and economics for China. They don't deserve to be a super power and a world where they are is quite terrifying.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote