View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 06:40 PM   #50
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
What?

Because Class sizes havent changed in 20 years? No one has expressed a compelling argument on what 'ideal class size' is?

Its just a strawman argument. You havent explained how many is the right number.
Oh brother you’re getting a little desperate here. It’s not unreasonable to suggest that smaller class sizes give student more 1 on 1 time with their teachers, which I don’t think anyone would argue isn’t a benefit to students. You’re arguing that class sizes are about the same as when you were in school and are using that as your bar for what is sufficient. For arguments sake let’s say that that number is ideal, as you know I’m well aware of what the class sizes were when you went to school and the last data collected before the UCP kiboshed tracking those numbers clearly indicates that there are many classrooms in this province that were above those figures. So I guess my question to you would be at what point would you consider class sizes to be detrimental since you don’t think teachers can be trusted and the government refuses to track data that would help non-teachers make an educated determination?

Quote:
And Private/Charter schools can do whatever they want for what their members are willing to pay for. I cant comment on that.
They get tax payer money while taking teachers away from the public systems for the benefit of a small portion of the population, I’d say they’re fair game to criticize.
iggy_oi is offline   Reply With Quote