View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 11:04 AM   #377
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There were a couple of things that I outright really liked about Rebels. First of all unlike the EU at the time, there weren't force users or exiled Jedi popping out of the wood work all over the place. We got a feel that Order 66 was effective. In fact the two most prevelent Jedi that we saw were Ashoka and Kanan and they weren't full Jedi Knights. Kanan was tortured by fleeing while his Master was killed, Ashoka had left the Jedi Order. The only other Jedi Master that we saw was Obi-Wan in one episode.

If you look at it that was the Inquisitors with the exception of the Supreme Inquisitor were probably no more powerful then a Padawan.

What I really loved about Rebels is it wasn't afraid to get dark at times. Clone Wars started off fairly light and then got incredibly dark by the ending. The best example of that was the Umbria story line. But we got a sense that the Galaxy was slowly falling to darkness. Even in the first season of Rebels we saw how crappy the galaxy is. And they weren't afraid to kill off characters to advance that story line.

Using Luminara's corpse to trap Jedi was outright creepy.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: