View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 02:54 PM   #27
Tolwyn
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Everyone has different opinions on the matter. At the end of the day, do your homework -- ask for references and talk to other realtors. I've had bad experiences with realtors myself through friends and family -- at the same time, I've also had very good ones. I'd be more than happy to act as a reference and give you the name of a realtor that I trust implicitly as well.

There will always be a few bad apples. Heck, not all car mechanics are rip-off jerks, and not all car salesmen are slimy Larrys either.

To me, hiring a realtor that I trust and can work well with is a big deal. That's their line of business -- not mine. I don't need to know how everything works or all the ins and outs. I want to sell the house and buy another; and having someone you can trust and act in your best interest is very important to me. My time is extremely valuable to me both financially and personally; it's not a good use of time and resources for me to do this real estate stuff myself when I can get a pro to do it.

Bottomline, it is your time and money to do what you want with it. I'd just recommend knowing all the facts and doing your homework first.