View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 11:40 AM   #3399
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Do tires in the UK not have any grip at all? Even all-season tires here perform a helluva lot better in wet snow than that
I’m guessing it’s the perfect storm of black ice road then snow, hill, drivers not used to it, summer tires, etc. mostly though I think icy roads and the grade as there are some cars basically in a four wheel slide sideways towards the curb. I feel like that only happens when it’s super icy underneath.

Many years ago I recall a freak storm here….I’m going to say in October (possibly the spring though) where at about 4-4:30 we had everything flash freeze and traffic was insane. We live on a small hill not unlike the grade in the UK video and we were out stopping people at the top of the hill telling them not to go down as it was too icy. This was after watching a few cars try and go down and end up in 4 wheel slides like in the video. The best was the dude in his X5 who though he was better than everyone who ended up on the front lawn of a neighbour as he slide down the hill and bounced off a car or two.

The old guy down the street from us was out stopping car and he had the classic line we use to this day “Don’t go down there, you’ll die!!”

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote