View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 07:52 PM   #7930
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYRULES View Post
I know 2 people that work for Canadian railroads. Not sure if it's a similar pay/work structure as in the US but they're fully on the gravy train up here and wouldn't give their jobs up for pretty much anything.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
That’s because Canadian rail companies have an enshrined oligopoly that will literally never be broken up. The economics to build new rail lines and service will never make sense without Chinese people as slaves in the 1800’s and rights to railroads will never be sold. This is why the pensions are all over them and we all may as well join the gravy train as well. CP and CN are probably outside of banks the two most important companies in the nation.

You bet your ass they are obliged to pay their employees very well. I for one literally expect it as a minimum as an indirect investor.

ESG initiatives in western society needs to sorta get with the easy tap in program and create comprehensive evaluations or reward stocks on employee compensation. There should be some kind of certification or broad based transparency on how companies compensate their employees relative to sectors and such data should be very transparent, very user friendly, very easy to understand and required by law or highly motivated via public market regulations or coercion of some sort.

I’m not interested in extremely low G&A I’m interested in preserving society and avoiding revolution so pay your ####ing employees fairly and maybe toss them some of the share you would otherwise hoard for highly overrated executive teams and dingy wink wink boardroom deal hand greasing. The theory that shareholders elect a board that elect a CEO doesn’t really work very well and all that’s happened in NA is that executive classes hoard the money and employee brackets aren’t keeping pace. This is where union lovers like iggy oi actually have a point. At some point you gotta get your folks raises.

Last edited by Mr.Coffee; 11-30-2022 at 07:54 PM.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post: