View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 07:50 PM   #7929
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I stand by that point and don't see how this argument is inconsistent with my thinking that we should prioritize the bigger picture and greater good. In my hypothetical, I was preferring a democrat senator who was heading to prison (with a likely party line replacement) ahead of giving a pivotal senate seat to a republican.

I'm a tepid supporter of unions, but I'm pretty ok with forcing a mediated compromise to workers making 110k plus a posh pension when a strike will impact a whole lot of people rich and poor in the country.

My values align with supporting the overall greater good of the country that my kids and I live in, ahead of winning cheap political battles that cause the rest of us more harm than good.
Wait, you think setting a standard of government forcing contracts and effectively undermining unions is for the greater good? There's a reason quality of life measurements are generally highest in countries with strong unions and union protections.

Hell, you can pretty much track the decline of the working class in the U.S., rise in income inequality, etc., with the decline of strong unions.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote