View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #256
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
You have still done presented nothing that invalidates my original statement that you took issue with. That rooftop solar is not an efficient use of limited dollars and it would be better to dedicate all funding to utility scale solar.
And you've presented nothing, and I mean nothing, that indicates industries will adopt new technologies without first having a market demand for those goods or services, or seeing their market share drop as a result of their customers forcing adoption. Yes, it may be more pragmatic to invest all the money into a utility, but since utilities are privately run businesses (for the most part) shouldn't they be doing their own investment? What you fail to acknowledge, or even understand, is that these incentives were given to build out demand and force the marketplace. All the incentives in the world weren't forcing the utilities to rapid adopt, so instead the government incentivized the public to adopt, which has been extremely effective. It has also been extremely efficient for those who have adopted.
Quote:
And it's not like they aren't being built. You pretend that industry won't touch it until forced, well my point is any home solar incentives should be directed to industry, because it is far far more efficient. That's my point.
It isn't pretending. It's a fact. Incentives were offered to the utilities and they were luke warm on the early adoption and did not take up the government on their offer. So instead the government offered to home owners to adopt. They did this because they recognized the weakness of the grid, and that residential power generation could be a part of the bigger problem. It created a market and forced the utilities hand. You may not agree, and that is fine. There are tens of thousands of home owners who have adopted and have created a problem for the utilities.
Quote:
If you want your own solar system, well fine, but everyone should not pay for your system.
No one is paying for it but me, thank you. Thanks for your faux concern. As far as everyone paying for things that you should be more concerned about, maybe start with the big fossil fuel energy companies. For every single dollar renewables are subsidized, oil companies receive seven dollars.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote