View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 04:55 PM   #245
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Renters can't get solar systems. I'm obviously not 100% familiar with whatever arrangement you have, but nothing in life is free. I'd be interested to know how it works though. Is it subsidized from government? Leased?

As to your point about the grid being so old it can't sustain the load, I don't know where that is an issue. Certainly not here. I would thing it would be more challenging for utilities to integrate all these little loads popping up all over the grid.

Quote:
But what happens when 20 percent or more of the homes in a neighborhood go solar and a cloud passes overhead? That changes a neighborhood of solar power producers to utility power customers in a matter of minutes – and grids built to deliver power one way at constant voltages and frequencies have trouble accommodating that two-way, intermittent flow.
Too much solar power, and local grid voltage could rise, causing potential problems for motors, lights and other equipment. Too little, and voltage can sag. That may only flicker light bulbs at home, but it can lead to million-dollar work stoppages for customers like semiconductor manufacturers and server farms that need clean power at a near-to-constant voltage and frequency.

https://www.greentechmedia.com/artic...grid-challenge

I know you are happy with your system, but it is not the most efficient way to spend dollars, and downloads costs on to others. You have yet to provide any substantially good reason why rooftop solar is better than utility scale.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote