View Single Post
Old 01-22-2018, 11:43 AM   #87
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
I didn't take the position that I get to decide what's valuable or interesting enough to get on CBC. If I did, Jordan Peterson's views wouldn't be first on the list, obviously - I just finished calling him a total loon. My whole point was that he clearly has a large audience in Canada and elsewhere, and it's therefore reasonable to ask why there isn't any discussion of him on public broadcasting. Your response was that he's not worthy. Well, his myriad fans disagree, and your dismissal of what they want discussed as "idiotic" is far less important than you seem to think. If someone was going to be appointed to decide what ideas are "idiotic" and not worth the time to think about, it probably wouldn't be you.
The lack of self-awareness is astounding.

I’m aware I don’t get to decide who is an idiot and who is not, they’re simply my opinions, opinions that might be shared by others and might not. Who knows what the brain trust at CBC thinks. Not I, or you, but we can guess based on or own opinions.

It would benefit you greatly to turn your attention to your own posts. Your opinion of what IS worthy, and what IS important, has about as much relevance as mine, and (trust me) nobody is going to you first when they want to know what’s worth having a conversation about.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote