View Single Post
Old 02-14-2024, 09:46 AM   #5405
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Having taken the Bow Trail section now 5 or 6 times in dry and snowy conditions over the past month or so, with two different vehicles, hearing some pretty noticeable road noise about halfway up from old highway 8 to Bow Trail, and back down the other side.

Nowhere else in the city do I ever hear anywhere near that particular noise, or really any road noise at all TBQH.

Tires on both vehicles are new as of Spring 2023, and are on totally different types of vehicles...so makes me things it something to do with the materials of the roadway or base of the roadway?
IIRC, this is because the screed on the paving machines isn't set correctly, causing a small up and down movement that's essentially a vibration on your tires, making a sound. If it's really bad, the government can get the paving company - or in this case, the P3 consortium - to repave that stretch. The problem usually disappears as the pavement wears a bit, so I doubt the government would try to deal with it. It's an especially sticky situation on the ring road since the P3 group owns and operates the road. They'll fight tooth and nail to do the absolute bare minimum to fix things if it's still within specifications.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post: