View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 03:05 PM   #102
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its funny because The EU talked about the force that way, there's no dark side or light side there's just the force and the person who uses it can use it for their pruposes.

The Jedi choose to serve the force

The Sith choose to enslave the force

Its interesting because then that means that Palpatine really didn't corrupt Anakin nor did the dark side of the force. Anakin always was Vader and Vader was always Anakin.

I guess it would also go to what Yoda talked about when Luke asked him how he would know the darkside of the force to the light. Yoday said that you would know the light side of the force because you would be at calm and peace and that the force was always to be used for defense. That certainly sounds like someone who chooses to serve something like the force. Meanwhile the Dark side is quicker and easier which to me just screams of someone that's demanding power and trying to enslave no matter what the cost.

It makes sense, but I tend to believe that there is a darkside and a lightside and they are corruptions of each other. They always have to be in conflict with each other, neither side can be destroyed, it can be dimished however.

So I don't really believe that Luke killing off Palpatine and Vader left the force in some kind of blissful balance because the dark side while diminished was still there and someone eventually tapped back into it and it gained strength. When Palpatine was conquering the galaxy the dark side became more powerful because the Jedi were in the end not jedi anymore their ego and their lack of serving the force weakened the light side and the Dark Side grew more powerful. The Jedi were basically dark side users without knowing it.

There are two sides, one side is willing to go along for the ride and corrupt its users with promises of more and more power. The other side is like a blanket, it will give you power only if you use the power properly.

I don't believe that one side would be able to use both.

Even if at the end all of the Jedi and Dark Side users were wiped out, the dark and light side of the force might be diminished for a while. But then they'd find a way to fight and renew the conflict.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote